Sunday, September 2, 2012

F is for feminism

This article was one that illustrated the way women  are wrongfully treated in the US workforce. The author explained how a woman are trying to look for equal rights throughout the workplace and also in a community based setting.  Women are searing for the right to vote and to have their voice be heard.  I found that the quote that follows was quite intersting; "Young women may believe that a feminist identity puts them out of the pool for many men." This shows that the women feel as though they are being overpowered by men in all settings, not only the workplace.  The second quote that I found interesting was "Fear of feminism, then, is not a fear of gender, but rather a fear of politics."  There is a picture that I linked to the quote because to me, that picture accurately describes what I feel the author is trying to get across when stating that quote.  Many women today have done such incredible things that not even some men can say that they have accomplished.  There are women working as doctors, lawyers, teachers, you name it and the women have absolutely made a name for themselves.  I feel very empowered to be a woman in the year 2012.  Due to the fact that I want to pursue my career as a teacher, I have seen that many women have made a successful living doing so, and they also love their job and look forward to helping make a change in a child's life everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment