Sunday, September 23, 2012

Talking Point #4

The first website that I visited is People Like Us.  This website shows the little things in life that can identify you.  One of the questions that it asks is "what does your living room say about you?"  There are many things in your life that you do not realize tell who you are.

There is a game that anyone can play which lets you create your own living room, and then it states which class you would fall under according to the decorations and the pet that you picked.  I fell under the middle class like Henry Jones.  Henry stated that according to my choices I fall under the middle class, but there are other classes that some of the items that I picked belong to.  This website showed a lot about how some people can put an individual into a certain working category depending on their belongings or the choices in physical "stuff."

There really wasn't too much more on this website.  There is an option to watch a movie but my computer did not have Adobe Flashplayer so it wouldn't let me watch...

The second website that I visited was The Center for Working-Class Studies out of Youngstown State University.  There is an article on Wage Theft and how to stop it. There is also a list of places that employees might be able to go to find some assistance from governement agencies about wage thefts.Wage Theft Resources and Where To Go For Help feature image

No comments:

Post a Comment